Sprouting the seeds
Learning how to grow sprouts takes just a few minutes. Grow sprouts in a jar without a lid. Any jar will work fine, but we suggest a wide mouth jar so the sprouts can be removed without a hassle.
Scoop 2-4 tablespoons of microgreen seeds into the jar. Use less seeds for smaller seeds, and more seeds for larger seeds.
Fill the jar with 4 parts water to 1 part seeds. Soak the seeds for 4-8 hours before draining the water. Use less time for smaller seeds, and more time for larger seeds. Use a screen to drain water without spilling seeds.
Cover the jar opening with a towel, and put the jar inside a refrigerator. This is where the sprouts will grow. Leave the jar lid off while sprouts are growing.
Rinse with sprouts 3-4 times a day with water. The sprouts will be ready to eat in 3-7 days. Expose to light one day before eating for green color.
Put a lid on the jar when the sprouts are grown to preserve freshness. Refrigerate when sprouted for longer shelf life.
- Sprouting Instructions
- Empty seed pack in to a jar.
- Fill jar with water to soak seeds.
- Soak for 8-12 hours before draining.
- Cover jar opening with a towel.
- Leave the jar lid off while sprouts are growing.
- Rinse 3-4 times a day.
- Will be ready to eat in 3-7 days.
- Expose to light one day before eating for green color.
- Put a lid on the jar and refrigerate when sprouts are ready.
- Throw away the sprouts when they start to smell.